Technical Services Coordinator
Technical Services Coordinator
Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. We are looking for an entry-level Technical Services Coordinator to join the team. Creativity is important at VB+P across all departments, including in our IT department so the ideal candidate would be a creative and pro-active solution finder, self-starter, able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, can work independently and as a team member. This a great opportunity for someone who has some technical support experience and is looking for career growth and the opportunity to make significant contributions to the team.
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are
inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive and motivating.
A brief overview of the role:
The Technical Services Coordinator provides technical and audio/video(A/V) support to the agency staff. You’re the primary support person functioning in a helpdesk role.
Key responsibilities include:
•Monitor and respond to support requests in Zendesk Support system.
•Onboard and offboard agency staff.
•Create and update Zendesk Guide articles on relevant topics for agency and IT staff.
•Assist Agency System Administrator with managing the tape backup system for our on-premise storage systems.
•Become an expert in the use of our on-premise and cloud-based collaboration systems and assist staff with questions and setup of larger client and agency meetings or events.
•Manage agency and production equipment and supplies; assist with purchasing new ones.
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
· You are passionate about technology and in a continuous learning cycle but more importantly you always share what you know to help others
· Familiar with Apple products, Office365, Google G-Suite, Zendesk and Box
· You’re a logical and creative thinker with an ability to analyze issues quickly and provide solutions with clearly written or oral instructions
· Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality
· An innate desire to help and support people
Within 3 months you will:
· You’ll be proficient in using and updating the agency’s systems that are essential for supporting existing staff as well as onboarding new hires and offboarding existing staff when they leave the agency.
· You will know how to monitor and resolve issues related to equipment and devices used by agency staff including A/V, mobile internet, and key agency collaboration systems.
· Outline skill and knowledge gaps to achieve intermediate level proficiency in the use of the key agency applications and systems as the agency’s Technical Services Coordinator and outline a training program to address them.
Within 12 months you will:
· Have transitioned fully into the Technical Services Coordinator role and have begun to outline the next set of skills and knowledge needed to gain advanced level skills in managing and using the core applications and systems used by the agency.
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.