Producer- Taproom Studios
Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. This role is one of the first and key hires of a growing team. This is a production role amongst a team of cross functional creators, strategists, makers, doers and producers. The Taproom Studios creates content and
experiences for brands, with full production capabilities. You are a multi-hyphenate who moves with ease across disciplines and mediums. This role requires familiarity with all aspects of experience, film and social/digital production: print, art, video (production through post and delivery), digital, activations and events. You will apply your production passion, expertise and joy to creative making and storytelling. You will work with the Head of Studio, the production and operations team, and various creative leads and maker teams to ensure our work is premium and client needs and expectations are met. You are calm, experienced, and professional. You are a make-it-happen person, who is resourceful and professional while prioritizing the well-being of your project teams.
- Working with our Senior producer, Head of Studio, Brand and creative leads, you will help research talent, put together pitch decks and approach, craft bid letters, create estimates and bids as well as track project status through completion.. You will be working with the Associate Manager of Operations; and the coordinator to secure resources and make sure schedules and status documents are updated. You’ll work with teams to make sure they’re briefed, communications are smooth and the project runs successfully. You will be working with the creative/creator teams to make sure the work is meeting expectations . You will be responsible for sourcing freelancers as needed per project; as well as helping add to our growing roster of talent.
- Work with the Associate Operations Manager, Coordinator and Studio head to make sure we have the right people assigned.
- Update and distribute departmental resource schedule with availability and holds, etc
- Work with producers/production and artists and makers teams to ensure we have the right makeup of talent given creative scope and budget.
- Support, distribute and update departmental documentation (on boarding documents, etc).
- On-boarding of freelance talent, when needed; communicating with HR/Finance when needed.
- Discover and share new talent
- Helping freelancers navigate our house production rules and team members
- Follow templates, update as necessary templates (bidding, pitch decks, form letters)
- Update monthly documents of invoices and actuals. Keep Actualizit and Hot Budgets (or equivalent) current.
- Update Head of Studio as jobs are bidding and award so we are aligned on cash flow and payment terms.
- Research for pitching, treating, scoping/bidding projects; kicking off projects. Producing work as needed, oversight varying (high to light touch)
- On site production support/management as needed
- Building relationships that help grow our business with our agency clients – production, creative, brand – through making great work.
- Creator / talent roster relationships – make sure network of freelancers are having a good experience and we’re utilizing them in the right way.
- Business Development / PR
- Be cognizant that we’re partners with our clients, and as invested in their work as they are
- Help the division stay current on talent and trends in the industry.
- Growth Opportunities
- This role has the opportunity to grow into a Senior Producer as our business grows.
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- Background working for production house (or in house equivalent) in Line Producer, Post
- Producer, VFX Producer, Animation Producer, Audio Produce, Digital Producer, Experiential
- Producer for 1-2 years.
- Awareness of filemaker database management, Actualizit (or equivalent), Hot
- Budgets/Showbiz/Movie Magic or equivalent.
- Fluent with Gsuite (gdocs, sheets, etc), Excel, keynote, powerpoint
- Familiarity with cameras formats, video and print deliverable formats, adaptations/localizations, social and digital media delivery
- Familiarity with major post, animation and design platforms (Avid, Premier, Adobe, C4D, Maya,
- Sketch up, AutoDesk, etc)
- Familiarity with emerging platforms and developer kits (Spark, etc)
- Awareness of major entertainment union guidelines (DGA, SAG, AFTRA, IATSE, etc) and AICP/AICE guidelines
- Able to work autonomously, and able to work as part of a team collaborating with other creatives/creators, strategy, directors, designers, retouchers, photographers, editors and others.
- Track record of delivering client commissioned idea driven creative work across multiple channels and platforms
- Help encourage a positive vibe and can do attitude, and can inspire coworkers to go the extramile, wherever they are in the world.
- Think and act strategically – look around corners, think bigger than the assignment.
- Think in support a sustainable work culture and environment
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it.
- Always be innovating, initiating.
- Deal with ambiguity – have a bias for action, but an ability to work cohesively with other stakeholders.
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to do better.
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives, and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive, and motivating.
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.