Creative Lead - Content + Creation Studio
Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. This role is one of the first and key hires of a growing team. We are looking for a Social-Digital media first creator and storyteller, passionate about creativity and culture. Someone who can not only bring our ideas to life but find innovative, fresh new ways to do so when it comes to content creation.
- We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to do better.
- People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
- We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives, and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive, and motivating.
- We believe in the power of story to connect and build community. Memes, viral video, a tweet, clip from a TV Show, a Dance, a Reaction – these are all powerful stories. If it makes you talk, engage, share with a friend - it has unleashed the potential of communities and the worlds they build – ‘Social Energy’. We are looking for a storyteller who is passionate about building Social Energy.
- The right candidate is ambitious and hard-working. At your core, you’re a storyteller. You have a way with words and images. It doesn’t matter the medium, you can connect to an audience in a 1x1 square, story or experience franchise, a Tweet — even a Giphy sticker. You take pride in your work, sweat the small stuff, ask for forgiveness not permission, and go the extra mile (or three) to tell stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, and ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible, through telling the best stories possible.
- This is a job for organized self-starters with creative agency experience. This is a key hire in a new and growing division.
A brief overview of the role:
- Lead ideation and find the big idea. Then make it feel simple through slides.
- Inspire and organize a team around cultural and consumer insights that will lead to bigger and better thinking.
- Roll up your sleeves with copywriting and content direction from one off posts to integrated campaigns. From caption to tagline, no project is too small, no ambition too big.
- Strategy: Thinks with an integrated approach, going beyond just media relations to look at the big picture across influencer, social media and experiential (when needed). Evolve strategic thinking from ideation to compelling deck development, presentation and implementation.
- Media Relations: Develops earned storytelling strategies connected to culture. Pitches media, identifies culturally relevant media targets (with a large emphasis on social media), builds media relationships on behalf of the clients and agency
- Organization: Able to see the big picture while managing the tactical. Solutions oriented while demonstrating a high level of organizational skills; Sees projects through to completion;; Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product; Articulates ideas succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Bridging Across the Agency: Collaborates with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Relentless curiosity: Always looking for what’s new, next and never been done before. Open to experimentation and pushing the boundaries.
- Bring fresh thinking and a collaborative spirit to the team when developing work
- Build and nurture a team of creative and strategic minds
- Always be searching for consumer insights, new platforms and cultural trends
- Multitask and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- Present concepts and work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback all while remembering the big picture
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- 7-10 years relevant experience as part of a creative team.
- 2+ years in a role overseeing a team and leading campaigns
- Strong network of freelance writers, makers, and creative talent
- Familiarity designing across platforms from digital, print, and experiential
- Deeply grounded in culture and focused on connecting to the things people care about.
Major Bonus If You
- Have a network of creators that you can connect us to
Proven Ability, willingness and desire to:
- Help encourage a positive vibe and can do attitude, and can inspire coworkers to go the extra mile, wherever they are in the world.
- Think and act strategically – look around corners and build a long-term social media presence and online community connection for brands.
- Think in support of reputational PR efforts.
- Think idea first, platform agnostic; with ability to leverage unique benefits of each medium to tell the best story.
- Be creative and develop engaging social media content that's aligned with the company brand.
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it.
- Always be innovating, initiating, and creating.
- Working on multiple projects at once, you go above and beyond each brief to push what’s possible on both a creative and technical level.
- Deal with ambiguity – have a bias for action, but an ability to work cohesively with other stakeholders
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.