Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. We’re looking for a Brand Director to lead one of our core brand teams. If you’ve been working in Account Management for the past 7-10 years and you’re ready for a new opportunity, this is the spot for you. You’ll lead effective business, strategic and world class creative across the brand, while driving senior client relationships and finding new potential opportunities.
A Brief Overview of the Role:
- You are a strong leader and a driving force for the team. You will deliver the objectives for your team and act as the internal director of marketing to ensure success. You will work closely with strategy, creatives, production and clients to set the direction for the brand and execute flawlessly.
Here is what the day-to-day looks like:
- Demonstrates an acute knowledge of the client’s business; understanding the client’s industry, products, objectives and challenges, and build respected, honest relationships with senior clients to guide the business and evolve their marketing
- Understanding and focus on client’s business objectives to develop measurable solutions to drive positive results against agreed upon KPI’s
- Identifies opportunities that could reinforce and reinvigorate the client’s business (and figures out how to make them happen)
- Is an active leader responsible for ensuring momentum on the account – internally and externally
- Effectively manages “up” to Group Brand Director and/or agency executive team
- Manages and mentors the entire account team, providing them with guidance for their role(s) within VB+P as well as careers in general.
- Supports the development and effective (and timely) sell-in of a clearly defined scope of work and respective staffing plan(s)
- Oversees integration across the business to have the most impactful, cohesive and integrated campaigns possible
- Effectively manages relationships across departments
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- 7-10 years of Account Management experience in a creatively-driven agency
- Responsible for high-level strategic and creative guidance to ensure all initiatives are on-brand and delivering against business goals
- Demonstrates refined creative judgment and a passion for break-through ideas
- Strong attention to detail and a quick learner
- Experience working with strategy to develop and translate briefs that are grounded in business needs
- An innovative thinker who isn’t afraid to suggest, make and implement change
- Experience managing multiple workstreams at the same time
- Knowledge and expertise of integrated production
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and short timelines
- Trusted client partner who works to deliver for the business and the creative product
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.