We’re looking for a culture-loving strategist who’s fluent in the latest social and digital trends to support two of our most creative accounts.
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive, and motivating.
Key responsibilities include:
· Insights, insights, insights: synthesizing primary and secondary research, staying connected to popular culture, capturing data points and putting them to use in Google Slides.
· Tactical briefs: ownership over writing, developing and implementing tactical campaign briefs.
· Supporting the Strategy Director as needed on day-to-day tasks.
· Supporting creatives with insights and references as part of the creative development process.
Here is what the day-to-day looks like:
• Reading newsletters, trade publications, social trends and sharing learnings with the team
• Building audience profiles in syndicated data platforms
• Writing presentations that bring trends, data and competitive analysis to life
• Reviewing creative presentations and providing input
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
· Writing skills: ability to not just transpose information but also imbue it with depth and meaning
· Social Listening: knowing how and where to look for emerging trends in the social world
· Competitive Analysis: ability to collect and organize competitive communications and arrive at insights, opportunities and threats
· An authentic relationship with popular culture, online and IRL: we’re looking for someone who is plugged into everything from fashion and food to creator and digital culture.
· Commercial sensibility: not just knowing what’s driving trends but knowing which trends are driving commercial transactions
· Data analysis and storytelling: spotting the patterns in numbers and weaving them into presentations (note: we’re not looking for a quant master, we’re looking for someone who knows the value of quantifiable fact)
· Resourcefulness: an ability to work with existing research and build on it in unique ways with tools and resources available
· Curiosity: an innate desire to want to learn more and solve problems creatively
· A growth mindset: the ability to thrive with new challenges and see failure as a springboard for growth
Within 1 month you will:
· Complete on-boarding with our Talent Team.
o They will bring you up to speed on VB+P’s benefits, perks and culture.
· Complete on-boarding with your Strategy Director and the Head of Strategy.
o They will walk you through VB+P’s strategic vision and provide you with the necessary background on all elements of the role.
· Meet with all departments you will interact with in the context of your role.
o A representative from each department will walk you through the role they play with respect to new business/marketing and the process to engage them.
· Have introductory meetings with at minimum 5 people in leadership at VB+P.
o This is part of our “welcome” process, to ensure that you are getting a chance to meet people and to ask questions.
Within 3 months you will:
· Take ownership of tactical briefs across two accounts
· See a direct relationship between your research and insights in the creative development process
· Connect with day to day clients on information requests, brief reviews and briefings
· Learn how to effectively manage up and across on two accounts
Within 6 months you will:
· Begin to stand in for the Strategy Director in key client meetings
· Become the go-to for cultural insights on your team and with your clients
· Gain exposure to new business pitches
Within 12 months you will:
· Begin to lead campaign strategy development
· Take a more active role in creative development
· Design bespoke research and insight development processes that can be replicated across the agency
· Establish meaningful client relationships
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.