Brand Director - Chipotle
We’re looking for a Brand Director to lead one of our core brand teams. If you’ve been working in Account Management for the past 6-10 years (preferably with some retail and or restaurant experience) and you’re ready for a new opportunity, this is the spot for you. You’ll lead effective business, strategic and world class creative across the brand, while driving senior client relationships and finding new potential opportunities.
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive and motivating.
Key responsibilities include:
You are a strong leader and a driving force for the team. You will deliver the objectives for your team and act as the internal director of marketing to ensure success. You will work closely with strategy, creatives, production and clients to set the direction for the brand and execute flawlessly.
Here is what the day-to-day looks like:
· Demonstrates an acute knowledge of the client’s business; understanding the client’s industry, products, objectives and challenges, and build respected, honest relationships with senior clients to guide the business and evolve their marketing
· Understanding and focus on client’s business objectives to develop measurable solutions to drive positive results against agreed upon KPI’s
· Identifies opportunities that could reinforce and reinvigorate the client’s business (and figures out how to make them happen)
· Is an active leader responsible for ensuring momentum on the account – internally and externally
· Effectively manages “up” to Business Lead and/or agency executive team
· Manages and mentors the entire account team, providing them with guidance for their role(s) within VB&P as well as careers in general.
· Supports the development and effective (and timely) sell-in of a clearly defined scope of work and respective staffing plan(s)
· Oversees integration across the business to have the most impactful, cohesive and integrated campaigns possible
· Effectively manages relationships across departments
· Oversees the overall production budget and drives cost efficiencies
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
· 6-10 years of account management experience in a creatively-driven agency
· Responsible for high-level strategic and creative guidance to ensure all initiatives are on-brand and delivering against business goals
· Demonstrates refined creative judgment and a passion for break-through ideas
· Quick learner
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience working with strategy to develop and translate briefs that are grounded in business needs
· An innovative thinker who isn’t afraid to suggest, make and implement change
· Experience managing multiple workstreams at the same time
· Knowledge and expertise of integrated production
· Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and short timelines
· Trusted client partner who works to deliver for the business and the creative product
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
Within 1 month you will:
· Complete on-boarding with our Talent Team.
o They will bring you up to speed on VB+P’s benefits, perks and culture.
· Complete on-boarding with full Brand team.
o They will walk you through VB+P’s brand management department and provide you with the necessary background on all elements of the role.
· Meet with all departments you will interact with in the context of your role.
o A representative from each department will walk you through the role they play with respect to new business/marketing and the process to engage them.
· Have introductory meetings with at minimum 5 people in leadership at VB+P.
o This is part of our “welcome” process, to ensure that you are getting a chance to meet people and to ask questions.
Within 3 months you will:
· Become fully immersed in the full client business and begin assuming a strong leadership role, developing and fostering positive and productive relationships both internally and externally
Within 6 months you will:
· Lead the business, guiding the strategic and creative approach for the team, setting the course for all current and future work
Within 12 months you will:
· Continue to grow your sphere of influence to positively evolve the client relationship, leadership on the internal team, overall strategic approach and output. Additionally, grow your leadership within the agency holistically.
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.