Senior designers are the design force of the project team. Our senior designers conceptualize and design solutions, from start to finish, on assigned projects within the parameters of predetermined brand
strategy, research, budget and timeline.
Key responsibilities include:
- Function as a creative lead on a project.
- Participate in client discovery phase.
- Think and work within strategy; contribute/communicate ideas.
- Implement ideas and concepts into comps and/or layouts for branding, advertising, collateral, environmental, web, electronic, interactive, broadcast, sound, non-traditional, guerrilla and other new media vehicles.
- Participate in client presentations.
- Understand client’s objectives and interpret their feedback.
- Review work with Creative Director prior to client review.
- Assist in new business pitches.
- Provide assistance to creative directors and art directors on design, typography and layout as needed.
- Oversee production by providing production artists with necessary info to begin a project, feedback and constructive critique throughout project, and ensure proper internal creative approvals.
- Oversee, review and approve press-ready mechanicals and vendor proofs.
- Attend photo shoots, press checks and site reviews when required.
- Manage vendors, including illustrators, calligraphers, photographers and freelance designers.
- Work with account managers to devise and adhere to project timelines, and proactively communicate timing issues.
- Work on multiple projects and meet quick turnarounds while maintaining organization and accuracy (attention to detail) through tight deadlines.
- Mentor designers.
- Work with fellow designers on internal VB&P materials as necessary.
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- Degree (BA, BFA, MFA) in Graphic Design or related field.
- 5+ years of working experience at an Advertising agency or Design Studio.
- A thorough understanding of layout, use of type and application of color.
- Great attention to detail.
- Expert proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign on Mac OS; experience in interactive, web or motion software very helpful.
- Knowledge of current print technologies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and be comfortable working independently or collaboratively.
- Team player with an ability to take direction and maintain a positive attitude.
- Be proactive and possess problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a high degree of flexibility.
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in
diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to
flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities
regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social
identity. We value equity here as much as equality.