Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. We are looking for a Brand Manager on Chipotle to join the team. Creativity is important at VB+P across all departments, including in Brand Management the ideal candidate would be a creative and pro-active solution finder, self-starter, able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, can work independently and as a team member. This a great opportunity for someone who has been in Brand Management and in the industry for around 3 years and is looking for career growth and the
opportunity to make significant contributions to the team.
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s
hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we
expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent.
About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we
learn from them to
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through
the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and
businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are
inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture is co-created by people with diverse skill sets,
perspectives and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive and motivating.
A brief overview of the role:
We’re looking for a Brand Manager with ~3 years advertising agency experience to become an
important part of our core brand team. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management and
completion of various projects including other account maintenance responsibilities working into
two Brand Supervisors.
Key responsibilities include:
Account Management and Execution
- Ensures quality and accuracy of basic account support functions (accounting, budgeting, status reports, internal meetings, etc.)
- Facilitates communications between multiple groups (project management, creative, production, client + finance).
- Leads individual projects or specific workstreams within campaigns.
- Ensures quality control in work that leaves VB+P.
- Written work is clear, concise, well-organized, and logical.
- Oral communication is responsive, proactive, clear, concise, and articulate.
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate needs and prioritize projects on a real time basis.
Strong Client and Internal Relationships
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with client counterparts.
- Becomes a reliable partner on which the client can depend on.
- Is a valuable information resource for all team members and clients.
- Keeps senior brand team up to date on projects.
- Builds rapport with Creative, Production, Strategy and other departments at VB+P.
- Exhibits product/client/industry knowledge.
- Has a positive, can do attitude.
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- ~3 years of account/project management experience at an advertising agency.
- Knowledge of the inner workings of an agency, with a good understanding of department roles and responsibilities.
- Follow through - ability to accept responsibilities and deliver on all assignments.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the production process.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Outlook and Acrobat.
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.