VB&P - General
Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. We are looking for an entry-level Financial Coordinator to join the team. Creativity is important at VB+P across all departments, including Finance so the ideal candidate would be a creative and pro-active solution finder, self-starter, able to work +thrive in a fast-paced environment, can work independently and as a team member. This a great opportunity for someone who has some accounting experience and is looking for career growth + the opportunity to make significant contributions to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Invoice processing/data entry into Agency Software – Workamajig
- Maintain Vendors (set-up) and collect W-9s and W8-BEN
- Reconcile 3rd party statements on a regular basis
- Perform Weekly ACH Runs and work with other departments to prioritize payment needs
- Expense report auditing and ensuring that all employee expense reports adhere to the Travel and Entertainment policy
- Monthly Credit Card Reconciliations
- Assisting Client Financial Accountant with AP entry for Billable Vendor invoices and managing Travel Cost Trackers
- Assist with monthly ad-hoc reporting and presentations
- 1099-NEC and INT preparation and filing
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- Previous experience in a "professional services" type setting. (Ad Agency, PR firm, marketing is a plus)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Full Cycle A/P experience.
- Proficient with Excel and have the aptitude to work in enterprise accounting systems.
- Superior oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Highly motivated and able to work under fast moving deadlines
- Considers themselves a quick learner- who isn’t afraid to ask questions when needed.
- Experience with production/project billing is helpful.
Below is a timeline of various achievements the person in this role will look to accomplish in the listed time frames. The person in this role will be given all the tools and support they need to learn and be successful.
- Of course, the list is not all inclusive but gives a broad idea of what to expect.
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete on-boarding with our Talent Team. - They will bring you up to speed on VB+P’s benefits, perks and culture.
- Complete on-boarding with finance team and CFO. - They will walk you through VB+P’s Finance Department and provide you with the necessary background on all elements of the role.
- Meet with all departments you will interact with in the context of your role. - A representative from each department will walk you through the role they play with respect to new business/marketing and the process to engage them.
- Have introductory meetings with at minimum 5 people in leadership at VB+P. - This is part of our “welcome” process, to ensure that you are getting a chance to meet people and to ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as possible, we are here to help and foster your growth.
Within 3 months you will:
- Independently own Amex Reconciliation
- Maintain all vendor files and processing of vendor invoices
- Have a solid foundation understanding of all VB+P’s finance systems and platforms
- Independently own ACH remittance preparation and AP Aging reconciliation
Within 6 months you will:
- Be comfortable navigating all VB+P’s finance systems and platforms
- Be comfortable owning client-billable vendor invoice processing and filling out the travel tracker
- Work with Payroll Department to reconcile commuter check and expense report reimbursements on a semi-monthly basis
- Assist with monthly financial presentation preparation in Keynote
Within 12 months you will:
- Be responsible for full-cycle AP and billing of a client
- Own 1099-NEC and 1099-INT preparation
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to do better.
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives, and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive, and motivating.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.