Digital Content Creator
Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people. This role is one of the first and key hires of a growing team. We are looking for a Social-Digital media first creator and storyteller, passionate about creativity and culture. Someone who can not only bring our ideas to life but find innovative, fresh new ways to do so when it comes to content creation.
- You are a multi-hyphenate creator. You can style, prop, shoot, edit, light, animate, make into gifs, do some motion graphics, design or more. You own the full process from shoot to final asset. You have a ‘maker’ attitude meaning you always find a way to make an idea work on a dime- using whatever you have around you to make it work. You’re an expert on social platforms, their different formats and how to push their boundaries to hack attention. Think Pablo Rochat. You’re obsessed with the creator world, being interested in learning different ways people create content.
- Work with the wider social team and creatives to come up with nimble, turnkey yet impactful social ideas
- Ensure ideas we concept can be executed from a production perspective
- Be able to plan, execute and publish the production of creative social ideas including how we shoot, stye, prop, light, edit, post produce it and more
- Take charge of shoot days, directing and capturing content
- Emphasis on video content for various social platforms and their formats, including, but not limited to, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Snap, YouTube
- Source, create, and publish timely social media content
- Ensure our social productions run smoothly, that content is perfected and meets client objectives through craft and creative excellence.
- Ensure baseline rights and clearances for advertising; and/or experience working in an agency or internal creative services department.
- QA the production and creator process and can give pixel perfect feedback
- Know when to escalate a project and work with a producer to plan bigger shoots and production resources when needed
- Ensure we’re within production budgets
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- Background in content creation- video production, art direction, post, design or styling etc.
- You have hands-on experience with hardware and software necessary across complete content creation flow
- Highly proficient design skills, and adept at Adobe Creative Suite applications (especially After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop; Cinema 4D, Avid, Arri, Resolve familiarity a bonus), Google
- Workspace, Filemaker or other content library tool.
- Able to work autonomously, and able to work as part of a team collaborating with other creatives/creators, strategy, directors, designers, retouchers, photographers, editors and others.
- Bonus - Background in journalism or PR
- Culture Stans - IYKYK. We want the tea and use it. We’re obsessed with the research and the data receipts that get us there. We know the latest and greatest.
- Hyphens - Social is a mix of all disciplines, so it makes sense that we are. Our team skills overlap so we can get the freshest and swiftest work.
- Collab Kings / Queens - In all forms. To our clients and to our team, we all work to make the output better.
- Big Hustler Energy - Channel your inner entrepreneur- roll our sleeves up to do what needs to be done. Be fast, flexible and be able to change it up when we need to for the better.
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.