Social Media Manager
Who is VB+P? An independent advertising agency located in San Francisco who prides itself on being founded on two simple principles: Do right by our clients and do right by our people.
We are honest with our clients. With each other. Even when it’s awkward and especially when it’s hard. We are clear. About where we want to go and what it will take to get there. About what we expect from our people and our clients. About what they can expect from us. We are transparent. About where we’re progressing. About our success. And especially about our failures and how we learn from them to do better.
People who are fearless in pushing limits and trying new things in pursuit of ideas that cut through the noise. We are passionate about creativity, and believe it is our weapon to move brands and businesses forward. Those who are excitable and proactive about solving client’s problems.
We know that putting people first gets better results. We believe that diversity and creativity are
inextricably intertwined: the best work, the best culture are co-created by people with diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences. People who are inclusive, supportive and motivating.
A brief overview of the role:
Taproom, VBP’s Social First Division is looking for their client point-person and social specialist. They are the lead connector to the right people client side and the Taproom/@vbp team. They shepherd the process, ensuring everything is flowing and keep a tight ship. They are a jack-of-all-trades, being strategic, creatively minded and highly organized. They help build out social strategies and recommend paid-social tactics. They thrive in a fast and fluid environment, not afraid to get hands-on with things, finding solutions to new problems and getting things done. Reporting to the Social Lead, they partner with them to ensure our excellence in our social product on all projects.
- Main point person, interfacing with the client and coordinating this with the wider social team
- Project managing the process from client brief to final delivery
- Support with social creative concepting, strengthening our overall ideas
- Develop presentations, that contribute strong conceptual and strategic direction, and clearly present those ideas to the team and the client
- Expert in social platforms and formats, ensuring we keep creative best practice and in line with specs
- Paid-social planning and buying
- Liaising with other key stakeholders like social platform partners, data/insight vendors, partner agencies etc.
- Keeping on cusp of social culture, news, updates and trends that help fuel creative thinking
- Some potential influencer planning and implementation
Below are some of the qualifications we’re interested in. If you don’t meet all of them, don’t count yourself out.
- 4-6 years’ experience in social management
- Ability to coordinate a diverse group of team members, ensuring excellence in delivering our social product on time
- Strong client management skills, being a trusted client partner and go-to for all things social
- Strong paid-social planning and buying experience
- Proficient use of different native self-serve ad platforms, formats and specs (Facebook Business Manager, Pinterest, TikTok etc.)
- Ability to collect and analyze social performance data (organic and paid)
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Docs) and Keynote, being able to build some deck magic
- Track record of managing social channels, organizing content calendars, scheduling etc.
- Creatively minded, being able to concept simple social ideas for posts
- Hack photoshop skills or simple editing skills, being able to help whip up social content on a dime
Ask as many questions as possible – we are here to help.
- At Venables Bell + Partners, we celebrate and support our differences. We know building a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our work and our community to flourish. VB+P is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any protected class or social identity. We value equity here at VB+P as much as equality.