We're looking for a Brand Director to join one of our core brand teams. A leader and driving force on the team – you’ll guide effective strategic and creative development across the brand, with an eye towards the client relationship, business, and potential opportunities.
Acts as Internal Director of Marketing
- Acts as a senior representative of VB&P at client meetings and with partner agencies (has “presence”); effectively communicates the agency’s philosophy and POV.
- Oversees integration across the business to have the most impactful, cohesive and integrated campaigns possible.
- Effectively manages relationships across departments.
- Keeps all team members informed, inspired and optimistic.
- Effectively manages “up” to GBD and/or agency executive team.
- Supports all PR efforts in coordination with internal PR resources and clients (this includes developing the creds list prior to launch).
- Manages and mentors the entire account team, providing them with guidance for their role(s) within VB&P as well as careers in general.
- Demonstrates a clear and mature understanding of the financials on the account.
- Supports the development and effective (and timely) sell-in of a clearly defined scope of work and respective staffing plan(s).
- Knows approved scope of work and staffing plan and can clearly identify “scope creep” as well as incremental opportunities to manage client conversations appropriately.
- Leads the internal development of staffing plans for incremental projects with SD and CD; works with Finance to price.
- Presents incremental scope of work, staffing and fee to client; works through revisions; closes the loop internally.
Core Member of Client's Marketing Team
- Responsible for building respected, honest relationships with senior clients to guide the business and working relationship.
- Demonstrates an acute knowledge of the client’s business; understanding the client’s industry, products, objectives and challenges inside-and-out, helping clients develop and evolve their marketing.
- Identifies opportunities that could reinforce and reinvigorate the client’s business (and figures out how to make them happen).
- Is an active leader responsible for ensuring momentum on the account – internally and externally.
- Approves the master schedule and ensures team meet key dates and needs of every project.
- On large/pillar accounts, maintains close and consistent communication with the Sr. Creative Resource Manager.
- Oversees the overall production budget and drives cost efficiencies.
Champion of Strategic and Creative Vision
- Understands the client brief, and translates that brief (with the brand strategist) into an inspiring creative document that will deliver on the client's business needs.
- Responsible for high-level strategic and creative guidance to ensure all initiatives are on-brand and delivering against business goals.
- Reminds every one of the core problem/issue to solve at that moment when it’s least expected but most appreciated.
- Demonstrates refined creative judgment and a passion for break-through ideas.
- 8-12 years of experience in advertising, or related experience managing a large integrated team and clients.
- Successful track record of cultivating great working relationships with clients, as well as with internal departments and partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and contribute at the strategic level, both internally and with clients.
- Experience with a variety of project types, including: broadcast, print, brand, and strategic consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to shifting priorities and short timelines.
- Demonstrated success in motivating and leading account teams – accept responsibilities and follow through.
- Strong organizational, analytical and persuasion skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – at all levels of communication (one on one, presentations, email, etc.)
- Clear and concise business writing skills.
- Integrated production experience.
- Experience working with social media.