Creative Resource Management
Creative Resource Manager
As a Creative Resource Manager, you’ll partner with a Group Brand Director and Creative Director, to drive the success of a pillar of business at VBP. It’s your job to facilitate efficient and effective internal creative process, ensure sufficient resourcing for project needs, and manage timing and resources so that teams are able to meet Client expectations, and Creative Directors are set up for success.
- Understand the specific style (and even “quirks”) of the Creative Director that you work with, and flex your approach to create a seamless (and fun!) dynamic.
- Understand the style, skill sets and experience of the creative teams in the agency, so that you are in a position to advocate for the best “matches” (team + project).
- Provide critical information to the Associate Director of Creative Resourcing and your Creative Director – on both the specific needs of the project as well as the types of creative talent that would be most successful, so that optimal team(s) can be allocated.
- Monitor the workload of the creative teams allocated to all the various projects on the account, so that you can drive effective utilization.
- Work with the Associate Director of Creative Resourcing to manage and approve creative production OOO and PTO.
- Create overlapping timelines with CRMs when needed, to speak to any roadblocks with the brand team, and inform the Brand Managers on appropriate milestones.
- Provide a “roadmap/hitlist” to creative teams to help prioritize their workload when necessary
- Make sure that the creative team assigned to the account has everything needed to concept effectively.
- Ensure that the creative teams understand and are holding themselves accountable to the expectations of the Creative Director (the deadline to share work as well as any preferred formats).
- Facilitate meetings with the ECD, when needed, and follow-up with the Brand Team accordingly.
- Hold the CD accountable for all project deliverables as approved on the brief and ensure that the CD is providing clear, concise feedback to creative teams
- For internal presentations, support the creative teams and CD in both creating as well as getting access to files and content; ensure that all content is sent to the BM for compilation into the master deck.
- Provide input to the BMs regarding appropriate internal milestones and timing, as they develop specific schedules for each project.
- Create a holistic “master” calendar for the account, which outlines key milestones.
- Maintain close and consistent communication with the brand management lead on the account, and with Brand Managers in regards to the status of delivery against internal milestones.
- Act as a resource to the BMs to help guide internal workflow and agency process
- Ensure that BMs include production in the early stages of a project
- 3-5 years of experience in agency Project Management
- Incredible interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Patient and positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities in stride
- Ability to plan ahead - regularly review, forecast and reforecast your project resource needs
- Ability to navigate high-pressure situations, identify problems + solutions, and escalate as needed
- Excellent verbal and written skills - communication and diplomacy skills are key
- Experience in management of multiple junior- to senior-level creatives
- Ability and interest in mentoring and training team members
- Understanding of agency processes and creative skillsets
- Experience in video, photography, print or digital production, a plus