We're looking for a Brand Manager to join one of our core brand teams.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the client's business to provide clarity on all objectives, challenges and expectations and establish strong client relationships to effectively manage communication throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Initiate and maintain consistent client business result information, industry news and relevant updates and information to keep the full team up to speed on all aspects of the client's business.
- Brief, develop and lead client competitive reports, leveraging help and partnership from relevant departments to ensure insight and accuracy (strategy, social strategy, comms planning, etc.).
- Generate and update status reports and lead weekly internal and external status meetings.
- Share internally vetted schedule with clients and set expectations regarding project delivery and milestones (including dates for client meetings and "drop dead" approval dates).
- Own client meeting preparation ensuring assets are delivered to make the master presentation deck.
- Follow up after meetings to confirm next steps + clarify feedback, if needed.
- Route all work to Business Affairs for legal “gut check” and share feedback with client and client legal.
- Manage network clearance with Business Affairs.
- File work on the server while maintaining overall organization.
- Once a project/campaign is launched, work closely with PR to upload assets to vbp.com and gather assets for press releases and case study videos.
- Open jobs and communicate job numbers to all relevant team members
- Ensure production estimates are signed by client, approved in the system and distributed/filed
- Manage JSRs: Follow up with accounting to ensure accurate and timely billing, working closely with producers
- Facilitate monthly budget report and manage budget binder
- Act as the key liaison between PM, studio, art production, digital production, broadcast, proofreading, and business affairs to ensure workflow is effective and efficient.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Project Manager and step in to help drive project workflow when needed.
- Demonstrate an ability to anticipate needs and prioritize projects/action items on a real-time basis.
- 2-5 years account management experience in an advertising agency
- Experience managing production for print, broadcast and online projects
- Knowledge of the inner workings of an agency, with a strong understanding of department roles and responsibilities
- A smart/strategic thinker
- Follow through – ability to accept responsibilities and deliver on all assignments
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and short timelines
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- A “roll up your sleeves” attitude and a sense of humor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with PowerPoint, KeyNote, Excel, and Acrobat